We are looking for Emergency Support Services (ESS) volunteers!
We need volunteers for different jobs at a Reception Centre during an emergency. You can choose to do various things like greeting people, or serving food, or giving folks information, and more! Choose a job that fits your skills and the time(s) you can work. Actual volunteering dates and times are not available until an emergency happens. We thank all who apply and will contact you if you are selected through the process.
To be a volunteer, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Fill out an application form.
- Be comfortable talking to people
- Know about the town
- Be able to work on your own
- Follow safety rules
- Be willing to follow directions
Here are some answers to questions you may have:
Q: What are the benefits of volunteering?
A: As a volunteer you will expand horizons
- Help your local community
- Learn important things
- Learn to become a leader
- Be on a team that makes a positive impact
- Be better prepared for emergencies
- Learn more about emergencies and how to handle them
Q: Can I choose the job I want to do?
A: Yes. During your interview, tell us what you're good at and what you’d like to do. We want you to have fun and feel confident while helping.
Q: Will I be volunteering alone or with other volunteers?
A: You might work by yourself or with other volunteers. Just tell the Volunteer Resources Department which one you like better.
Q: What does the Volunteer Resources Department do?
A: We promise to give you a volunteer job that's well organized and that you'll get help when you need it. You will receive a clear description of your volunteer job and be trained on any new skills.
Q: What does the Municipality expect of me as a volunteer?
A: As a volunteer, we ask that you:
- Attend training
- Complete the tasks we give you in your volunteer job description
- Represent our volunteer program positively
- Take ownership for actions and decisions made while volunteering
- Tell us if you have any questions or worries
- Take your volunteer work seriously, like a professional job
Q: How do I get more information?
A: Contact Brooke Ereth at email@example.com or phone 780-852-6540
Q: I’m Interested! How Do I Apply?
A: Join the ESS Team and help make a difference!
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form
- Reference Check
- Photography Release form
- ESS Standards of Conduct form
- ESS Volunteer Agreement form
- Step 2: Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Step 3: Complete an Interview
Complete the ESS application. We will train you and give you an ESS role in an emergency.
Return the completed package:
- In person - Community Outreach Services, 627 Patricia St.
- By email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail - Box 1090, Jasper, Alberta, T0E 1E0
- By fax - 780-852-2147
Interested in helping, but not sure you can commit to a specific ESS role? Sign up to be on our volunteer call list. We will call you to help the ESS team in an emergency.
To sign up:
Email Brooke Ereth at email@example.com.